- Download the 'Login_fix_files.zip' file on the right
- Copy the 'Dunia.dll' file contained in the archieve's 'bin' folder into the game's 'bin' folder, overwriting the installed one
- Copy the 'patch.fat' and 'patch.dat' files contained in the archieve's 'Data_Win32' folder into the game's 'Data_Win32' folder, overwriting the installed ones (They are not needed for logging in, but they will fix a minor menu bug, caused by the new 'Duni.dll')
Recently, it became impossible to log into the online multiplayer in the Steam and Uplay versions of Far Cry 2. This new problem is related to these versions of the game only, and it is possible to allow logins again by replacing the 'Dunia.dll' file, found in the game's 'bin' folder, with a copy from a GOG or DVD installation of Far Cry 2. This will introduce a small graphical bug in the menu, that can be fixed by also replacing the installed 'patch.fat' and 'patch.dat' files, found in the game's 'Data_Win32' folder, with copies from a GOG or DVD installation. If you're having this problem, below you can download the required files and read the simple instructions. After that, you'll be able to log in again as normal. (The FC2MPPatcher must be uninstalled before the 'Dunia.dll' is replaced.)
- Uninstall the FC2MPPatcher (Important)
- Reinstall the FC2MPPatcher
With the new files added, you'll be able to log into the online multiplayer again.
Please, note that this issue has already been resolved by the FC2MPPatcher version 0.1.9. Although the workaround below still works, it is only necessary with older versions of the utility. (Or without it.)